Friday 5 February 2016

Easy Peesy Lemon Squeazy Flower for Beginners

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing good, getting ready for final exams, summer holidays and vacations. Am really waiting for mine, gonna see my mom for after almost a year. :)

Ok, straight to the pattern. Someone wanted me to take a crochet class for them so yup, took a class for the first time. It was quite interesting. Anyways, I was looking for a flower that is simple and that also uses all the basic stitches. Couldn't find anything I liked, so just started a flower pattern and followed my instincts and this is what I got.

And this is what I did with it,


It can also be used as embellishments and decorative buttons for bags. Now we go to the pattern instructions.

Abbreviations - 

ch - chain
sc - Single Crochet
dc - Double Crochet
hdc - Half Double Crochet
tr - Treble Crochet
sl st - slip stitch
  1. Make a magic circle. Or you can ch 4 and sl st into the first ch.
  2. 6 sc in the magic circle. Join to first sc with sl st.ch 1.(6)
  3. 2 sc in each sc around, join with sl st to the first sc.(12)
  4. ch1,* sc,hdc,dc,2tr all in the same sc,in the next sc 2tr,dc,hdc,sc*. This forms 1 petal. Repeat * to * for the rest of the 5 petals. sl st to first sc.
Viola, you get a very easy flower that uses all the basic st of crochet. Best for beginners. Can be used in caps,beanies,bags and clips. : )

Please leave your comments below and let me know your thoughts on the pattern or in case of doubts.

Happy crocheting. Have a great weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment