Thursday 16 October 2014

How it all started...

Hi All,

Am quiet new to blogging, actually never thought I'll even create one. But change is the only constant right??  Ok, straight to the point, I am Parvathy and this is my story about how I ended up loving to create crafts. When I was 13(quite long time age ;) ) my mom and bro took off to Kerala coz my bro was acting in a movie, yes my lil bro acted in a movie and now hes a doc. But that's his story. Heres mine..anywayz, I was left to entertain myself in my Aunt's house for that summer holidays. My Aunt has only a son, so imagine her enthusiasm to pass on her creativity to her bro-in-laws daughter the entire summer...

We had a great time actually. She dressed me up in various hairstyles, we made cake in a cooker with icing and she taught me how to crochet, knit and the basics of stitching. I would really like to thank her for that coz now as a mother of two growing children with little time, its keeping me busy and helping me spend enough time with my kids too.

To continue my story, I got busy with 10th, 12th and college and marriage, work ( that I quit after children) and family. One day both my kids started school and I realized I have quite some time before they return. I considered taking up part-time jobs, teaching and realized that the minute you start working for someone, you cannot control time. AND ONE DAY I literally pricked my hand on one of the crochet hooks and found my old supplies. DING, I got an idea. Started re-discovering my crochet skills. Found that I have not forgotten any of the stitches. Discovered the joy of creating new stuff, the joy of seeing a good finished product that people were willing to buy(huge encouragement that) more than all this the happiness on my daughters face when I make a clip or a bag for her. That's when I decided to do what I love most, creating things with love for people to gift to their loved ones. And that's how it all started... posting some pics of my work..

2 comments:

  1. Good Narrative style and detailing. Excellent choice of craft for exploring your creativity....good beginning ...!! best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete